Ruidoso Downs Triple Crown Report Feature of the Week
Tim Keithley’s interview with Norma Alvarez highlights NMHBA stakes races and New Mexico Bred Sale (Episode 4).
American Horse Council National Economic Impact Study
The American Horse Council is conducting a National Economic Impact Study.
The purpose of the study is to demonstrate the value of the equine industry in the national and state economies by analyzing the direct, indirect, and induced economic impacts of horse ownership, recreation, and equine-related services.
Data collected will inform public and private investments in equine-related businesses, equine health care, education, land use decisions, tax policy, tourism, employment incentives, etc. The survey is now open and goes through September 29, 2023.
Everyone is asked to click on the links below and follow the survey steps.
- If you are a horse owner do the owner survey.
- If you are an owner of an equine related business but do not own any horses please do the supplier survey.
- TOBA announce that the New Mexico Breeders of the Year are Robert M. & DelRae Driggers. Congratulations! Thank you for representing New Mexico so well!Read More »
- “By Jessica Martini Last fall, his homebred filly Slammed (Marking) took Brad King to the Breeders’ Cup, and in just over a week, another filly will bring the …Read More »
- McKenna TB Broodmares Dispersal Sale – July 28 – August 2, 2023 Click on picture to view auction website.Read More »
- On Saturday at Ruidoso Downs, the field was set for the July 22 Zia Derby (RG2) for state-bred 3-year-old Quarter Horses, and Cruzin For Chickz …Read More »
- Call Me Jessiecartel on Friday set the fastest qualifying time for the July 23, $386,720 Zia Futurity (RG1) for New Mexico-bred 2-year-old Quarter Horses at …Read More »
- Crispyn (pictured, black cap and green blinkers), a graded stakes winning homebred son of the Mr Jess Perry stallion A Royal Jess campaigned by MRB …Read More »
- Two trials on Sunday at Albuquerque Downs determined the field for the October 15, $160,000-added New Mexico State Fair Thoroughbred Futurity (R). Payingoffmymarker and Community …Read More »
- Multiple stakes winners Corrina Corrina and Bella Dona are among the nine New Mexico-bred fillies and mares entered in Saturday’s 6 1/2-furlong, $100,000 Carlos Salazar …Read More »
- Fifty-three state-bred 3-year-old Quarter Horses are entered in Saturday’s 400-yard New Mexico State Fair Derby (RG3) trials at Albuquerque Downs. Doing Something Good (pictured), a …Read More »
- Fifteen New Mexico State Fair Quarter Horse Futurity (RG2) trials will dominate Friday’s program at Albuquerque Downs. Post time for the first trial is set …Read More »
- No Pasa Nada (pictured) and Sambas Mark, a pair of stakes winners during the recently concluded Ruidoso Downs summer meet, are among the 10 New …Read More »
- Mark The Winner (pictured), an undefeated daughter of the Bernardini stallion Marking racing for Rodney Brooks and Donnie Reid, drew post 5 for Sunday’s 5 …Read More »
- Community Leader (pictured), a homebred son of the Artax stallion Diabolical racing for J. Kirk and Judy Robison of El Paso, Texas, will put his …Read More »
- Community Leader (pictured) and Higher Ed, a pair of homebred geldings owned by J. Kirk and Judy Robison of El Paso, Texas, won the two …Read More »