Penalties for late Broodmare Registration
Broodmares must be registered by September 1st of the breeding year, or are subject to the following penalties:
- 1st Penalty
$350.00 for registration after September 1, of the breeding year through August 31 of the following year.
- 2nd Penalty
$700.00 for registration after September 1, of the weanling year through August 31 of the following year.
- 3rd Penalty
$1,500.00 for registration after September 1, of the yearling year.
All horses age Jan. 1st.
Penalties for late Stallion Registration or Inactive Status
- $1,500.00 for each foal conceived before stallion’s registration date.
- 1 1/2 times the regular application fee for foals that were conceived while the stallion’s status was INACTIVE.
- For Quarter Horses, registration as a New Mexico bred is not complete until our office has received the original foal certificate papers, for final approval and stamping.
- For Thoroughbreds, registration as a New Mexico bred is not complete until our office has reviewed the Jockey Club papers for final approval and completed virtual stamping of them.
- Your foal is not eligible to enter a New Mexico bred race until its papers have been stamped by this office.
- It is important that you have your foals registered and the papers stamped ahead of time. To maintain registration accuracy, all papers will be stamped at our office.