ALL HORSES AGE JANUARY 1
$60 – Weanlings
$150 – Yearlings
$1000 – 2 Yr Old
$2000 – 3 Yr Old & Up
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED A PAID APPLICATION FOR A NEW MEXICO BRED:
- Send AQHA papers to be stamped as NM Bred to:
New Mexico Horse Breeders Association
4836 Hardware Dr. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
- Thoroughbred papers are “stamped” online. Just let us know if you have the papers on your Thoroughbred foal and we will do the rest!
In order for a foal to be eligible to be registered New Mexico Bred:
- The foal’s sire was in the Stallion registry before time of breeding and is standing in New Mexico.
- The foal’s dam was registered in the Broodmare registry no later than September 1st of the year the dam was bred.
- Starting with the 2017 breeding season, should the mare leave the state after being bred and prior to foaling, a fee of $500 will be due in addition to any other normal, applicable fees (forms can be found on export broodmare page). The resulting foal from said breeding must be born in New Mexico in order to be considered a New Mexico Bred foal.
Otherwise, the foal’s dam must remain in the state of New Mexico during pregnancy and foaling (unless prior written approval for the mare to leave the state temporarily was obtained from the Board of Trustees). The Board of Trustees, at any time, can demand that the Owner of the mare in question submit to the Board sufficient proof that the horse remained in the State of New Mexico during pregnancy and foaling. TRUSTEE APPROVAL IS NOT REQUIRED FOR EMERGENCY VETERINARIAN CARE.